The role is within the core Operational Finance team reporting to the Head of Cost and Revenue.
Principle activities will relate to the close of the monthly accounts, reconciliation of ledger accounts, prepayment and accrual processes, fixed asset accounting and ensuring the accuracy of cost transactions within the ledgers, production of subsidiary accounts and board papers.
The key task will be to assist with the month end close processes for the operating entities within the Jupiter Group. The role will be responsible for the posting and review of accounting entries to facilitate the prompt production of high quality management and statutory accounts.
Other core accounting tasks to include:
- Intercompany & P&L Reconciliations
- Balance sheet and P&L review and production of account reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations and resolution of outstanding items
- Working closely with the Business to understand accrual requirements
- Recharging sundry debtors
- Supporting purchase ledger processes, including checking of invoices
- Accounting for fixed assets and projects
- Corporate cash management and daily reporting
- Production of year end statutory accounts
- Working with Finance management team to support delivery of accurate financial information to the business
- Analytical review of costs to support management accounts
- Lease accounting entries following applicable local accounting standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of a Financial Services organisation and core ledger accounting roles would be an advantage.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.3 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management