Cash Management Dealer (Entry Level Role)
The role is within the Dealing team who manage the execution of mandated FX, Money Market Funds and Unit Trusts for Jupiter’s Fund Managers. This junior role will involve “on the job training” of systems and processes with a view into developing into a Certified Dealing position in the longer term.
The team are looking for an entry-level candidate who is passionate about developing a career in the investment management industry. We are open-minded about candidates from all educational backgrounds and previous experience.
- Timely and accurate execution of all asset types.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Adherence to strict processes and procedures.
- Associated administration around dealing processes.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders internally, being an “ambassador” for the team.
Compliance, Risk, Governance, Legal Responsibilities:
- Act in accordance with the FCA's Treating Customers Fairly principles.
- Adhere to Compliance requirements (including FCA rules, Anti Money Laundering regulations and HMRC requirements) and internal procedures.
- Manage risk within area of responsibility in order to mitigate errors and breaches.
- Meet responsibilities as documented in the Disaster Recovery Plan.
The Ideal Candidate
- Keen interest in the financial services industry / asset management / stock markets and investing.
- Highly numerate with good verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and proficient with technology.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Resilient and adaptable in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills – capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Motivated to study for professional qualifications e.g. IMC.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with over 500 employees and £55.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th September 2020).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We support our employees working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic by offering a variety of tools to support their wellbeing. From access to detailed information on our Home Working and Wellbeing intranet site to regular topical webinars and training. We also aim to keep our offices open, subject to Government guidelines, for those who require it to support their wellbeing.
Jupiter is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunities employer.
Jupiter Asset Management