Conducting Officer, Risk (Luxembourg)
- In the exercise of its functions the role of Conducting Officer, Risk is to ensure the orderly and efficient management of the Company.
- The Conducting Officer, Risk must carry out his/her role in compliance with the regulatory framework applicable to the Company, the instructions of the Board of the Company and in accordance with the strategic goals and risk appetite of the group.
- The position holder is part of the senior management of the Company and a member of the management committee. He/she will be in charge of the risk management functions and will also have a senior management role. The position holder attends on a regular basis management committees and reports to the Board of directors of the Company while also liaising with the Group.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced Risk Management professional (previous experience as a Conducting Officer desirable).
- Detailed and up-to-date understanding of CSSF and ESMA regulations, good contacts within the European fund industry and a keen awareness of the cross-border asset management world.
- Experience of reporting to Board level.
- Experienced in Investment Risk.
- Risk systems knowledge is important, in addition experience of BlackRock Aladdin and Factset preferable.
- Exposure to risk management in the UCITS and alternative fund industry.
- Experience in operational risk preferable.
- Good communication skills combined with the ability to build good relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Fluent in English and French, both written and oral, and any other language will be considered helpful.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £42.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2019).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs, and Dublin OEICS), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland and Spain.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management