Corporate Development Manager
The Strategy & Corporate Development team is looking for a new team member.
The new role will focus on strategic and financial analysis and delivery of Jupiter’s corporate strategy, including organic and inorganic growth, corporate financing and investor relations.
This is a permanent role that requires a lot of initiative in a very small, high-profile and high-impact team.
For example, over the past year the team has led on public projects such as announcing the £370m acquisition of Merian Global Investors, and working on the related financing and integration activities, the partnership with NZS in the USA, and Jupiter’s inaugural Capital Markets Day, amongst others.
• Support senior management in developing, communicating, and executing Jupiter’s corporate strategy
• Identify, evaluate, and execute on corporate transactions, e.g. M&A, disposals, investments (along the entire transaction life cycle)
• Become an expert in global asset management, key industry trends, and Jupiter’s market positioning
• Project manage and co-ordinate efforts across teams, often working on several ad-hoc projects simultaneously
• Be the internal go-to person for corporate financial modelling and valuation
The Ideal Candidate
• Demonstrated relevant work experience spanning M&A transactions and/or consulting projects
• Have proven skills relevant to investment banking, accounting, and/or strategy consulting, in addition to project management
• Be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and autonomously, with little need for supervision
• Be comfortable in a results-driven environment, with willingness and ability to learn quickly, and to adapt and take on challenges
• Have exceptional attention to detail and be keenly motivated to produce quality work
• Be able to research and synthesise materials across diverse topics quickly working with qualitative and quantitative inputs
• Be able to review material quickly and present clearly articulated and insightful conclusions
• Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
• Have strong project management / organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments under tight deadlines
• Excel and PowerPoint superstars only
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £55.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th September 2020).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Dublin, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management