Corporate Risk & Compliance Officer
As a core member of the Risk and Compliance Assurance Monitoring team, role you will assist with the development and execution of the Compliance Monitoring Plan covering a wide range of monitoring reviews as well as regular surveillance activity, as required by the various business areas within Jupiter. The role will also provide support to the maintenance of the regulatory risk assessment process from which the monitoring plan and timetable are derived.
- Perform monitoring tests in accordance with the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Identify non-compliant issues and/or potential risk areas as a result of the monitoring performed.
- Document the monitoring work undertaken and issue report findings to the Head of Compliance Risk and Compliance Assurance and/or other departmental heads, managers or staff as appropriate.
- Make recommendations for the resolution of issues identified and consult with relevant staff.
- Monitor unresolved issues and escalate to the Head of Compliance Risk and Compliance Assurance
- Identify breaches, collate supporting documentation and enter the breach into the relevant breach log.
- Update and score the Compliance risk assessments for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain strong working relationships with departmental heads, managers and staff.
- Carry out ad-hoc projects as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Compliance monitoring experience, ideally with transfer agency and fund accounting knowledge.
- Previous experience using SS&C ‘FAST system’ particularly from a compliance monitoring perspective.
- Knowledge of the CASS handbook desirable.
- Other experience of asset management and the COBS handbook would be advantageous.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate complex issues accurately and succinctly to employees at all levels in the Company.
- Organisational skills – capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- IT skills - including Excel, Powerpoint, generally proficient with technology.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional qualifications desirable.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £58.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st March 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company’s more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday’s are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
Jupiter Asset Management