The Data Analyst will be responsible for furthering the team’s data strategy and analytics, by focusing on data scouting, analysis, and dashboarding.
They will report directly to Head of Data Science and will work closely with other areas of the business such as Technology, Distribution, COO Management, and Fund Management.
The role will suit individuals that are flexible and creative, enjoy getting their hands dirty with data, and providing creative solutions to both analyse and visualise data. The right candidate will be looking to take ownership of data analysis, cleansing, and visualisation.
- Own the visualisation process to be the team’s expert in rapid deployment of dashboards for use by teams across Jupiter, principally Fund Management
- Work with data engineers and data scientists to conduct exploratory data analysis and to assist in the data cleansing and pipeline process
- Work closely with Fund Management to help enhance investment processes to be more data driven
- Consistently seek out new datasets as part of the team’s wider data strategy, including carrying the initial vendor and data due diligence
- Design and document web scrapers
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate must have proven experience in building and deploying data dashboards and analytical solutions
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with both relational (Microsoft SQL Server) and non-relational databases, and familiarity with a variety of databases and datasets
- Deep understanding of Excel, including working with Bloomberg, FactSet or Eikon APIs
- Building visualisations in Tableau essential
- Ability to code in Python or a willingness to learn quickly
- Previous experience or knowledge of handling large datasets
- Understanding of Azure technologies a huge advantage – Azure Data Factory, Containers, Azure Functions, etc.
- Experience of working in Asset Management, as well as knowledge and/or interest in the fund management industry desirable
- Exposure and understanding of Data Management and Data Governance
- Strong team player, whilst also able to work independently as required and take ownership of projects
- Technology enthusiast, intellectually curious and problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure, give realistic estimates, and work to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Snowflake and/or Dataiku a plus
- Excellent academic record, University degree or equivalent industry experience.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th September 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management