The Data Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of data solutions in a timely manner. They will report directly to Head of Data Science, and will work closely with other areas of the business such as Technology, Distribution, COO Management, and Fund Management.
The role will suit individuals that are flexible and creative, enjoy solving complex data and architecture problems. The right candidate will be looking to take ownership of the data engineering technology stack and all related processes and procedures.
- Design, build, and maintain data structures, databases, and data processing pipelines to support data science projects
- Build and maintain web scrapers, APIs, and dashboards
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources:
- Handle different types of data
- Ensure data quality by placing strong controls in place
- Automate management data loads, scheduling of batch jobs including logging/alerts and actions
- Preprocess data ready for analysis
- Support production processes
- Support and practice CI / CD principles
- Architect solutions using on prem and cloud (Azure) infrastructure
- Maintenance of development standards and procedures
- Support the Head of Data Science, IT & Security to define, develop and deliver a proportionate data management architecture and capability for the business, in-line with objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate must have proven relevant data engineering experience
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with both relational (Microsoft SQL Server) and non-relational databases, and familiarity with a variety of databases and datasets
- Ability to code in Python to create web scrapers, ETL processes and data analysis preprocesses
- Previous experience or knowledge of handling large datasets
- Fluent in Azure technologies required – Azure Data Factory, Containers, Azure Functions, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Snowflake and/or Dataiku a huge plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD and GIT principles
- Experience of working in Asset Management, as well as knowledge and/or interest in the fund management industry desirable
- Exposure and understanding of Data Management and Data Governance
- Strong team player, whilst also able to work independently as required and take ownership of projects
- Flexible and adaptable
- Technology enthusiast, intellectually curious and problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure, give realistic estimates, and work to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent academic record, University degree or equivalent industry experience.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with over 500 employees and £58.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2020).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We support our employees working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic by offering a variety of tools to support their wellbeing. From access to detailed information on our Home Working and Wellbeing intranet site to regular topical webinars and training. We also aim to keep our offices open, subject to Government guidelines, for those who require it to support their wellbeing.
Jupiter is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunities employer.
Jupiter Asset Management