The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for furthering the team’s implementation strategy, by focusing on software development lifecycle and automation tools for developing CI/CD pipelines.
They will report directly to the Head of Data Science, with a dotted line into the Senior Data Engineer, and will work closely with Technology, Operations and Infrastructure.
The role will suit individuals who are flexible and creative, have a keen interest in ESG and sustainable investing. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Software Engineering and will be responsible for deploying DevOps and MLOps pipelines.
- Key engineering resource for the effective implementation of development changes to ESG Hub and supporting technologies.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Become the Azure Dev Ops SME for the team.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Testing and reviewing code; managing source control including repo configurations.
- Developing software updates and fixes.
- Working with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to ensure that development workflows follow best practices and work as intended.
- Develop an implementation strategy.
- Build tools and processes to reduce occurrence of errors and improve pipeline oversight.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors and work with vendors and internal stakeholders to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Define and implement CI/CD and develop a release management strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate must have proven experience in DevOps, with experience using the Azure suite of tools (doing so in an asset management setting an advantage)
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail are critical to this role.
- Awareness of DevOps, CI/CD, MLOps and Agile principles.
- Proven experience in building and deploying Data Engineering and Machine Learning pipelines.
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with both relational (Microsoft SQL Server) and non-relational databases, and familiarity with a variety of databases and datasets.
- Ability to code in Python or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with container and orchestration services, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous experience or knowledge of handling large datasets.
- Knowledge and experience with Snowflake, Databricks and Dataiku a plus.
- Exposure to or experience with data visualization technologies such as Tableau or Python visualisation libraries.
- Understanding of web applications using Flask or Django.
- Strong team player, whilst also able to work independently as required and take ownership of projects.
- Strong collaboration and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to work on multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure, give realistic estimates, and work to deadlines.
- Technology enthusiast, intellectually curious and problem solver.
- Excellent academic record, University degree or equivalent industry experience.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.5 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management