Emerging Markets Fixed Income Dealer
The role is within the Dealing team reporting to the Manager of Fixed Income Dealing. Working as part of a team to execute a broad range of Fixed Income assets including derivatives and FX with a specific focus on Emerging Markets.
- Timely and accurate execution of Fixed Income securities, in accordance with Fund Manager instructions and the Company’s dealing procedures.
- Provide Fund Managers with ongoing information about market conditions, sentiment, trading volumes and price movements, including investment opportunities that may arise.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the EM Fixed Income & FX market, including liquidity and pricing, across a number of regions and assets, disseminating relevant information to the Fund Management team.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory and industry changes that may impact the Company and Dealing Desk.
- Liaise with Compliance to ensure consistent and robust monitoring of Best Execution.
- Develop and maintain broker/client relationships with approved counterparties across a number of asset classes.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders internally.
Compliance, Risk, Governance, Legal Responsibilities:
- Act in accordance with the FCA's Treating Customers Fairly principles.
- Adhere to Compliance requirements (including FCA rules, Anti Money Laundering regulations and HMRC requirements) and internal procedures.
- Manage risk within area of responsibility in order to mitigate errors and breaches.
- Meet responsibilities as documented in the Disaster Recovery Plan.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of execution in Emerging Market Fixed Income assets, across a range of currencies.
- Ability to add value to FX execution, specifically on EM/NDF currency order flow.
- Thorough practical knowledge of market structure and procedures for executing Fixed Income securities & FX.
- Knowledge of factors that influence price trends and impact market conditions.
- Knowledge of FCA rules relating to Dealing.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work and ability to contribute constructively to a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and enhance business relationships.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, MarketAxess, Tradeweb, FXALL and BlackRock Aladdin desirable.
- Experience of engaging with, and adding value to, the broader Fund Management team.
- Qualifications Required:
- IMC or equivalent professional qualification.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- Certified to act as a Dealer.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We support our employees working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic by offering a variety of tools to support their wellbeing. From access to detailed information on our Home Working and Wellbeing intranet site to regular topical webinars and training. We also aim to keep our offices open, subject to Government guidelines, for those who require it to support their wellbeing.
Jupiter is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunities employer.
Jupiter Asset Management