In this very busy junior role, you will be responsible for supporting the team with planning and executing pre-event, on-site and post-event programmes from initial research to post-event reporting.
- Assist with the organisation and co-ordination of a broad scope of events, including ad-hoc fund updates, roadshows, publisher and 3rd peer group events, as well as companywide staff events including the annual Christmas party.
- To fulfil administration functions including venue research and booking, preparing internal event briefing notes, help to maintain the Global Events Schedule, produce event collateral (i.e. name badges, signage etc.), and support the team with ad-hoc requests. Venue booking to include negotiation of costs and requesting issue of contracts to obtain sign-off from Events Manager.
- To organise event collateral orders via the Jupiter printer and arrange courier deliveries when required.
- To develop and maintain constructive, professional and cost effective relationships with external suppliers including: venues, hotels, travel/transport agencies, and industry event management companies.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments including but not limited to fund management, channel marketing and the international sales teams.
- Process payments via MasterCard, manage invoices and roadshow budgets. Support with MasterCard monthly reconciliation.
- To monitor spend on delegates in accordance with Compliance department guidelines.
- To fulfil compliance and risk responsibilities.
- Ensure all event registration lists are capature accordingly on the Salesforce CRM System and saved locally whilst adhering to GDPR guidelines.
- To visit venues, attend events and deal with on-the-day issues.
- Ability to travel to events within the UK and Continental Europe.
Other responsibilities include:
- Booking travel (cars, flights, trains) and accommodation (hotels) and dealing with any cancellations.
- Delegate list management and handling any last minute changes.
- Handling client queries and questions from venues.
- Organising materials/collateral for events including delegate packs, exhibition stands, gifts/giveaways, and equipment hire.
- Managing the agenda for the day (order of event sheets).
- Submission of Fund Manager and/or company profiles and other information such as presentation content synopsis, learning objectives following appropriate compliance procedures.
- Presentation co-ordination.
- Organise menus and special requests including booking restaurants etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a similar role, providing support to corporate events
- Ability to use own initiative to execute events from concept to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under budgeting and financial constraints.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritise daily workload.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Good understanding of event venues and travel options.
- Strong software skills including Microsoft Office and Excel, and experience of using CRM databases.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £42.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2018).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland and Spain.
Jupiter Asset Management