This is a very busy role, responsible for supporting the Head of Events, working alongside one other Events Manager, with planning and executing pre-event, on-site and post-event programmes from initial research to post event reporting. This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract role covering maternity leave.
• To manage the organisation and co-ordination of a broad scope of events, including proprietary sales fund updates,roadshows, conferences, 3rd party / publisher events, as well as corporate level events including the annual Christmas party.
• To fulfil event functions including obtain appropriate sign off, manage events from conception through to completion, liasing with PAs to book fund managers time, create event briefs, maintain the events schedule, and work closely with other Marketing Teams (including Presentations, Channel Marketing, and Digital).
• Venue booking, negotiation of costs and requesting contracts.
• Process payments via MasterCard and managing invoices; provide regular operational and financial updates to line manager
• To develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments including but not limited to fund management, channel marketing and the sales teams (UK and International).
• Work with investment writers/channel marketing/digital to create suite of comms associated with events (STD, Invite, Reminders, etc.) and source themes and content for events.
• Stakeholder management is a key function in this role – managing the relationship with the sales teams and setting expectations around deliverables.
• To fulfil compliance and risk responsibilities..
• Site visits for first use venues (London only), attendance at Jupiter led and 3rd party peer led events and dealing with on-the-day issues.
• Ability to travel to events within the UK.
Other responsibilities include:
• Delegating list management (and handling any last minute changes).
• Handling client queries and questions from venues.
• Organising materials for events including delegate packs, briefing notes for internal parties (Fund Managers, Business Heads& Sales team) and 3rd Parties.
• Managing the agenda for the day (running sheet).
• Submission of FM or company profiles and other info such as presentation content synopsis, learning objectives following appropriate compliance procedures
• Presentation co-ordination.
• Organisation and coordination of collateral, stand, giveaways, and equipment hire.
• Organise menus and special requests including booking restaurants etc.
The Ideal Candidate
• Proven experience in a similar role (essential), providing support to corporate events within a financial services company within the asset management industry.
• Working knowledge of the regulatory environment and compliance implications of offering hostipallity or gifts and recording client attendance and costs.
• Proven experience of working collaboratively across multi-function and multi-cultural teams.
• Excellent knowledge of venues and pricing, including IT/AV vendors.
• Strong communication skills.
• Team player attitude but able to work independently and manage own time, with ability to maintain momentum of work when subject to a variety of pace, volume and complexity
• Excellent organisational skills, especially in managing budgets.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to use own initiative to execute events from conception to completion.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work under budgeting and financial constraints.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task several events at one time
• Ability to prioritise daily workload.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Good understanding of event venues and travel options.
• Strong software skills including Microsoft Office and Excel, and experience of using CRM databases such as Salesforce and Stoneshot.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably in Events Management).
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £58.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2020).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We support our employees working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic by offering a variety of tools to support their wellbeing. From access to detailed information on our Home Working and Wellbeing intranet site to regular topical webinars and training.