The role is within the Facilities team initially reporting to the Head of Facilities.
The role supports the team to deliver a consistent, pro-active, best in class service to the business across a variety of service streams.
Facilities responsibilities including:
- Management of M&E service partner and PPMs - arrange and update planner across office portfolio
- Management of some fit-out projects across the portfolio
- Co-ordination of Facilities Management (FM) services across International offices and identification of opportunities for continual improvement
- CAD design and space planning
- Co-ordination of moves and changes
- Furniture sourcing and ordering
- Minor repairs to fabric and desks – replacement desktop power units, fault-finding on desk mechanisms, jammed pedestals etc
- Security pass admin – new and replacement cards, adding and removing access
- FM SharePoint site – oversee, administer, develop and update
- Support of general FM office admin – general queries, assigning lockers, ordering new keys, sourcing new products etc
- Support incoming and outgoing post and courier service with ownership of service when messenger is out of the office
- Support with checking paper and toner supplies for all printers, replenishing as necessary and resolving jams or issues with the printers
- General cleanliness and order of office areas
- Meeting room set-ups – support with additional tables, flip charts and boardroom to theatre style changes etc
Health & Safety responsibilities including:
- Management of H&S in UK and across International Offices
- H&S training organisation and record keeping - including first aid and fire wardens
- First aid & fire management – overseeing processes, supplies and regular checks
- Regular H&S office checks, also highlighting any remedial works required
- DSE assessments including for pregnant employees
- BMS changes – too hot / too cold etc
- Raising permits and arranging contractor visits
Audio Visual / IT responsibilities including:
- Delivery of basic support service to clients using IT / AV in meeting rooms (training provided)
- To test the Audio-Visual equipment frequently, log / fix issues
- Use the Jupiter Service Manager Portal to:
- log IT/audio-visual issues and resolutions
- monitor work queue for meeting rooms and Facilities
- close issues, adding information to be used for continuous improvement
- Any adhoc duties as required by the Facilities team or senior management
The Ideal Candidate
- Office / Facilities management
- Experience of working in in a high-end environment (does not have to be finance)
- Communication skills – role will involve significant engagement with ExCo, Board and clients
- Organisational skills – self-starter and able to work autonomously
- IT skills – including experience of working with room booking, CAFM and BMS systems
- A ‘Best in class’ mentality and passion for continuous improvement
- Health & Safety qualification
- BIFM / IWIFM preferred
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.5 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin ICVCs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.