Head of Compliance, Ireland
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance professional to join Jupiter’s Dublin team as Head of Compliance. The main purpose of the role is to create an effective Compliance second line function for Jupiter Asset Management (Europe) Limited (“JAM Europe”) and to mitigate against regulatory and other key risks whilst developing and embedding an appropriate compliance framework appropriate for the business’ size, scale and complexity. The role holder will have management responsibility for one direct report. The role is a designated Persons role, pre-authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland (PCF39-F).
- Monitoring and evaluating on a regular basis the compliance policies and procedures required for JAM Europe.
- Ensuring an effective incident reporting policy is embedded within JAM Europe with effective breaches and errors reporting and escalation (as required), including liaising with delegates where appropriate.
- Maintaining and evaluating the conflict of interest framework and register on a regular basis, and presenting periodically to applicable Boards.
- Ensure all complaints are investigated, recorded and responded to in line with the Jupiter JAM Europe’s Complaints Policy.
- Ensuring that all marketing materials issued by JAM Europe are clear, fair and not misleading and comply with all required regulations for the specified audience in the target market.
- Overseeing the Fitness and Probity framework – Policy, procedure, and registers, and related JAM Europe training requirements
- Engaging and assisting the wider Jupiter Group compliance team with respect to reviewing and investigating all investment restriction breaches for funds/strategies managed by Jupiter JAM Europe.
- Assessing the monthly depository and administrator reports for risks and patterns of issues for mitigation and/or resolution, in the case of significant exceptions ensure that daily reporting is established to monitor resolution .
- Reporting to Jupiter JAM Europe’s Board and Fund Boards on all aspects related to regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of material breaches to the CBI in compliance with the CBI’s requirements
- Ensuring that JAM Europe operates within the regulatory requirements of its authorisatons, and the timely and accurate reporting of material breaches to the CBI in compliance with the CBI’s requirements.
- Develop and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring plan for JAM Europe
- Performing regular compliance monitoring due diligence visits of service providers to provide assurance on compliance with all regulatory obligations.
- Assess and aAdviseing the business on compliance related matters, including regulatory changes affecting Jupiter JAM Europe.
- Overseeing the MLRO Conducting annual risk assessments in relation to financial crime and completing all required reporting to the Board and other committees, and overseeing related JAM Europe training requirements .
- Reviewing and investigating all suspicious activity reports and ensuring that all reports are duly filed with the relevant authorities when in a timely manner required to do so.
- Promote positive compliance culture and ethos in JAM Europe ensuring a proactive and added value compliance culture is sustained
- Work collaboratively with the wider Jupiter Risk and Compliance department and Internal Audit to deliver an effective Jupiter group second line of defence.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous compliance experience in investment funds / Asset Management.
- Ability to initiate and lead conversations across the business regarding potential compliance issues.
- Understanding of CBI, AIFMD, and UCITS regulations.
- Understanding of global distribution markets.
- Experience of working with UCITS products, ideally in an Asset Manager or 3rd party management company.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate complex issues accurately and succinctly to employees at all levels in the Company.
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines, managing expectations where necessary.
- Focused on continuous improvement.
- IT skills – including Excel, PowerPoint, generally proficient with technology.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Focused on self-development e.g. developing new skills keeping up to date with key industry developments.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional qualifications desirable.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is a specialist, high conviction, active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term investment objectives. From our origins in 1985, Jupiter now offers a range of actively managed strategies available to UK and international clients including equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Jupiter is a constituent member of the FTSE 250 Index, and has assets under management of £60.3bn /$83.4bn /€70.3bn as at 30/06/2021.
Independence of thought and individual accountability define us. Our fund managers follow their convictions and seek those investment opportunities that they believe will ensure the best outcome for our clients. They do this through fundamental analysis and research, a clear investment process and risk management framework, with a focus on good stewardship.
We believe that asset managers have a critical leadership role to play in helping to resolve some of the greatest challenges facing the world. In this spirit, we are proud of our long-established credentials in the fields of ESG and sustainable investment, and of our ongoing commitment to specialism and innovation in these areas. Jupiter is a constituent member of the FTSE4Good Index, and a signatory on a number of key initiatives such as the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
Jupiter’s values and responsible business practices are aligned with the principles of the UN Global Compact and the 2020 UK Stewardship Code. Having engaged with the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) on the implementation of the 2020 UK Stewardship Code, we support this reinvigorated framework and have undertaken further investor outreach with the FRC and the Investment Association (IA). We are proud of the A+ score for strategy and governance we obtained in the latest assessment of our activities under the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). We also maintained our ‘A’ status under the PRI principles for our equities strategies and improved our ranking to an ‘A’ in fixed income. We are a member of the Investor Forum (IF), the UK body which helps facilitate collective engagement with companies, with Jupiter’s Edward Bonham Carter on the Board of Directors. Jupiter Chief Executive Andrew Formica is a Board member of the IA and a member of the UK Government’s Asset Management Taskforce, which represents the interests of our industry in key decision-making forums.
Jupiter Asset Management