Head of Investment Oversight - JAM US
This is an exciting opportunity to join a firm looking to grow its presence in the US Institutional market. The primary responsibility will be to oversee NZS Capital as well as any strategies managed by Jupiter Asset Management Limited in the UK, that JAM US is offering to the US marketplace. The Head of Investment Oversight will be based in Denver and report into the London-based CIO office. The role will also work closely with the Head of US Distribution (also Denver based) to support the growth of the US business more broadly. The estimated base salary for this role will be in the region of $150,000 but actual pay may be different based on the experience of the successful candidate. We also offer an annual discretionary bonus and competitive benefits package.
- Provide ongoing oversight of managers to which Jupiter US has delegated investment responsibility; ultimately reporting oversight findings to the JAM US Board.
- Ownership and maintenance of oversight policies and procedures.
- Assessment of ongoing reports (monthly/quarterly) produced by Jupiter portfolio analytics and investment risk teams to ensure consistency with stated objectives.
- Ad hoc investment analysis and follow up of any identified issues.
- Participate in investment oversight meetings conducted by the CIO office on relevant managers.
- Review marketing materials and RFPs used in the U.S.
- Review operational reporting e.g. best execution, portfolio breaches related to external managers to which JAM US has delegated asset management activities.
- Product management activities e.g. work with London marketing to ensure ongoing pitchbook needs are met, review/expand RFP content on focus strategies, define additional reporting needs and drive implementation.
- Competitive Analysis (work with relevant Jupiter team as appropriate).
- Prospect/marketplace research.
- Assist Sales team with client service needs.
- This role will be primarily internal facing.
- Support the Fund Management COO with ad hoc projects.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in asset management in investment related roles.
- Experience working closely with sales or client service teams.
- Knowledge of investment industry e.g. general financial markets, performance analysis, attribution, investment risk analysis, portfolio construction.
- Relationship management skills - excellent written and verbal communication skills are required along with the ability to tailor one’s style and disseminate complex information in a manner which is easy to understand.
- Analytical ability, attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, serve various stakeholders and build productive relationships with investment professionals and senior management is essential.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage own time to complete work accurately and to deadlines.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of FactSet and risk systems such as Aladdin desirable.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree and/or CFA preferred but not required.
- Series 7 and 63 registrations or willingness to pursue.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter Asset Management