Head of Procurement
We are currently hiring for a Head of Procurement to join us with a focus on strategy and process, supplier contract negotiation, supplier lifecycle management, cost efficiency, and Culture and organisation.
Strategy and process
- Develop and deliver a procurement strategy and process
- Work with Supplier Management and Vendor Management to continuously develop and deliver an end to end procurement, supplier and vendor management lifecycle
- Work with Supplier and Vendor Management to drive up the quality of services received, enhance risk management, and deliver cost efficiency
Supplier contract negotiation
- Run tender processes and conduct negotiations with key suppliers or potential suppliers
- Run contract renegotiations with key suppliers to realise improved services and reduced cost
- Use data analysis and market data to support negitiations
- Review/assess contract language and business terms against business objectives and requirements
- Facilitate the development, review, approval and execution of master agreements, outsourcing agreements, license agreements, amendments, statements of work, change orders/requests, contract schedules/addendums, etc.
- Ensure social responsibility is addressed and highlighted in all procurement/contracting decisions.
Supplier lifecycle management
- Bring together Procurement, Supplier and Vendor management processes to recognise and support an end-to-end supplier lifecycle
- Work with the Business and Supplier Management to develop and manage relationships with our suppliers
- Work with the Business and Supplier Management to identify and realise opportunities for capacity, capability, and process improvements
- Collect and analyse spend and market data in support of procurement and supplier strategies and proactively use that to identify and drive through cost efficiency opportunities
- Work with Finance to develop and realise the benefits of category management
- Maximise the value of our supplier spend
Culture and organisation
- Champion, communicate and enforce Procurement strategy
- Build close relationships and advise business leaders on commercial strategy and contractual solutions
- Keep abreast of supplier markets and developments, and through this bring knowledge, and identify opportunities to deliver commercial advantage to the organisation
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- An understanding of best practice Procurement strategy and process.
- Proven track record in management Procurement functions
- Proven track record in development and delivering Procurement, Vendor and Supplier management strategies and processes
- A graduate level academic qualification / achievement is desirable
- A post-graduate or professional qualification / achievement is an advantage
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £42.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2018).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland and Spain.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities.
The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management