Interim Audit Manager
Jupiter's Internal Audit provides professional, objective and independent assurance over the adequacy and effectiveness of Jupiter's business processes and governance with regards to risk and internal control. Internal Audit is a critical component of Jupiter's control and risk management infrastructure.
Jupiter’s Internal Audit function is set up as a co-source model overseen by the Head of Internal Audit with assistance from the Senior Audit Manager based in Luxembourg. This role will report into the Head of Internal Audit, whilst working alongside the existing Audit Manager based in London. This role is a maternity cover.
The Audit Manager will be involved in various aspects of the Jupiter group's risk assessment, assurance and advisory activities, including audit planning and execution, and contributing to strategic initiatives. The scope of this role will include all operations across the Jupiter group. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Internal Audit co-source provider to deliver the audit plan. This will include all aspects of the audit process (e.g. risk assessment; scope determination; test work and reporting) and may include:
- Performing fieldwork, or
- Managing and leading a co-sourced team to deliver execution of audits at group level.
- Identifying and assessing current and emerging risks, themes and trends.
- Assisting with the formation of the annual audit plan through direct input, insight and perspective around current business, industry and regulatory risk factors.
- Leveraging industry experience to provide challenge during the development of new businesses and systems.
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with the Risk and Compliance function.
- Interacting with regulatory examiners upon request.
- Performing investigations, special reviews and other ad hoc projects as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- Financial services experience; understanding of asset management principles and products, corporate and risk management business processes, and risk and controls systems.
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results, whilst maintaining a professional, friendly and client focused approach.
- Intellectual curiosity and healthy scepticism.
- Commitment, independent mindset and strong work ethic.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to process information quickly and assess risks and controls.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
- English language skills (speaking, reading and writing at advanced level).
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferred.
- Preferred Qualifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or relevant certification.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £55.3 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st March 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Jupiter Asset Management