Interim Business Analyst
The Business Analysis team support a wide range of change initiatives. For larger initiatives, Business Analysts are assigned to work with Project Managers but for smaller change, the Business Analyst can be required to adopt a Project Lead role in addition to the analysis work.
The Business Analysis team provides a supportive interface between the business and IT to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the change required and the detail of how it will be delivered. The team provide both business and technical analysis skills (systems and data) as well as carrying out testing and post implementation support.
An opportunity to join this team has arisen in a role that will look at Business As Usual (BAU) change as well as contribute to the larger projects, such as the administrator transitions, data-focused initiatives and regulatory reporting. This opportunity is a 12 month fixed term contract providing cover for a maternity leaver.
- Work closely with the relevant business representative to ensure full business engagement and accuracy of requirements, producing clear, concise documentation to support the project or BAU change.
- Assist in the resolution of BAU issues by investigating Jupiter’s databases and systems to help identify root-causes or to clearly define patterns and behaviours for the technical teams to address.
- Work closely with Project Managers to support their project with analysis, testing, organizational and project-administration skills as required.
- Elicit requirements using appropriate methods including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process and workflow analysis.
- Work closely with Data Management and IT teams to ensure that the business requirements are fully understood and to produce specifications in compliance with Jupiter’s standards.
- Take an active lead in testing. This includes producing the test strategy, writing and executing scripts and supporting the business in their UAT activities.
- Engage with the Business Analysis team for knowledge sharing and guidance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of delivering both business and technical focused Business Analysis services for change initiatives that required engagement with multiple teams and/or organisations.
- Experience of working on multiple BAU issues at an asset management firm that require technical analysis of activities and data relating to Front and Middle Office activities.
- Solid technical skills with SQL and Excel; experience of Aladdin, Markit EDM and Jira would be an advantage.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the trade life-cycle for a range of asset classes including FX, Exchange Traded and OTC derivatives.
- Strong understanding of the asset management operational functions and how the operating model interacts with outsourced administrators.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of varying levels of business and technical understanding and seniority.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £58.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st March 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company’s more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday’s are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
Jupiter Asset Management