Interim Data Analyst
This is a six month FTC. The Data Analyst will participate in the technical delivery of a project to remove the reliance on QlikView as part of the process to master incoming AUM data. Instead we will build mechanisms for loading and mastering the data directly into the data warehouse including all of the relevant transformations. The candidate will report directly to the Head of Application Development and work closely with the Data Technology team and business Teams.
- Analysis of business requirements.
- Technical analysis of data requirements.
- Design and development of data solutions.
- Adherence to development standards and procedures.
- Support of existing applications.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven relevant development experience gained as a Data Analyst or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of the full development life cycle
- Experience of data warehousing, Agile/SCRUM, data analysis, SQL Server (SSIS, views, functions, stored procedures, Job configuration, etc) and T-SQL is essential.
- Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies, BI reporting tools (Business Objects/Power BI/QlikView), development tools (Visual Studio), scheduling tools is preferred.
- Exposure to testing frameworks, testing and collaboration tools (DevOps/Jira) is preferred.
- Experience of working in Asset Management
- Exposure and understanding of Data Management and Data Governance
- Flexible approach and a team player
- Ability to work under pressure, give realistic estimates, and work to deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Diplomatic, thoughtful and polite.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualifications.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £58.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st March 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company’s more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday’s are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
Jupiter Asset Management