Interim FP&A Analyst
This is a 6 month fixed term contract. This role will be primarily involved in building and running profitability models for the business, suggesting allocation models and helping the business in looking at costs analysis in relation to economies of scale as part of the value assessment.
In addition, the Group is implementing a new planning system and the role will be involved in deciding requirements and building models.
In addition, the role will assist with maintaining the Group’s forecast and assisting with the Group-wide budget and planning process and help cover other FP&A tasks.
We are looking for someone that can understand the business and has good excel modelling skills.
- Ownership of profitability modelling
- Developing a costs allocation methodology/model and identifying relevant drivers
- Involvement in redesign and further development of forecast analytics
- Assistance with budget production
- Assistance in various ad/hoc analysis
- Improvement of reporting and the implementation of agreed changes
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong Excel modelling experience
- Any experience in developing/running a costs allocation model would be highly useful
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience in using Cognos/TM1 would be advantageous
- An understanding of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and cost reporting
- Budget experience is an advantage
- Experience gained within financial services / asset management an advantage but not essential
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly
- Ability to challenge and influence
- A motivated team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.3 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management