Interim Financial Controller (Designated Person for Capital and Financial Management)
This is a Fixed Term contract to provide maternity cover for the current Financial Controller.
The role will involve the production of financial reporting and regulatory returns and to monitor compliance of the minimum capital requirement for Jupiter Asset Management (Europe) Limited (JAMEL).
The role also oversees and ensures that effective fund accounting records and record keeping procedures are in place.
- Co-ordinate the production and produce (as required) financial reporting (statutory, regulatory, management and board reporting) for JAMEL, compliant with statutory and regulatory standards and company policies;
- Delivery of monthly forecasting and annual business plan
- Delivery of quarterly board reporting
- Oversight of fund Accounts
- Ownership of financial regulatory returns to the CBI
- Responsible for ensuring accurate accounting in the general ledger
- Ensuring a robust control environment is in place at all times
- Ensuring the appropriate monitoring is in place to ensure that regulatory and company requirements and obligations are met at all times
- Ensuring efficient capital management across the business
- Management and understanding of margin / profitability drivers, key accounting judgements and business performance to explain movements within financial results, and produce commentary if required
- JAMEL policy suite reporting for finance related policies ensuring compliance and that staff understand contents
- Oversight of the authorised signatories list in conjunction with Cosec.
- Manage outsourced service providers ensuring delivery to agreed-upon standards, suggesting areas for improvement and escalation of service issues
- Management of financial risks, and escalation as appropriate
- Primary audit contact, filtering and responding to questions appropriately
- Initiating, managing and implementing process and system enhancements
- Managing and overseeing the accounting policies and procedures employed by any funds managed by JAMEL with the support of third party administrators and other delegates
- Working with the appointed auditors and service providers to the funds and JAMEL to manage and oversee the preparation of all fund and JAMEL accounts and reports (both audited and an unaudited) in line with applicable international standards.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience / Skills Required:
- Previous asset management experience in Finance or fund auditing / accounting.
- Ability to be able to work within a global business and build strong relationships across different locations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Financial Statements in relation to asset management companies / funds.
- Ability to be able to identify matters which require immediate escalation to the head of compliance and/or senior management;
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulator
- Collaborate with peers across the Organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £48.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Jupiter Asset Management