Interim Portfolio Risk Analyst (6-month FTC)
The role is within an Investment Risk team covering products across all asset classes. This role will have a focus on equities analysis but require a knowledge of fixed income and multi-asset portfolios.
Other aspects of the role will include involvement in internal projects around regulatory reporting and process streamlining. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with the front office extensively on existing portfolios and potential new fund launches.
- Responsible for daily FactSet/Aladdin regulatory reporting process, including data amendments and report production.
- Ongoing involvement with key Investment Risk projects, being proactive and ensuring projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Interaction with IT department to develop reporting and identify automation possibilities.
- Assist with ad-hoc Fund Manager queries and to build strong relationships with Fund Managers, Investment Directors and Distribution.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of manager and fund styles.
- Be able to articulate complex subjects in a clear and understandable manner.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of applicable regulatory directives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of working in Investment Risk in a similar role, preferably within Asset Management.
- Excellent knowledge of FactSet & particularly Blackrock Aladdin (Explore, PRISM, PRT & Green Package) is essential.
- Working knowledge of the characteristics of equity and fixed income assets.
- Thorough understanding of risk models.
- Ability to quickly become proficient and self-learn risk software packages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel with working knowledge of Excel / VBA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly numerate with analytical skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Excellent team player with proven ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise work and to meet tight deadlines.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience
- CFA / FRM qualification desirable.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £55.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th September 2020).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management