Investment 20/20 Data Science Trainee
The Data Science Team aims to empower teams across Jupiter to make better data-driven decisions. Through the application of technology, deep domain knowledge, and maths & statistics, colleagues can gain access to a wider array of data and models more quickly and reliably; information they might not otherwise use as part of their arsenal and in turn convert them into Data Citizens.
Your role as a Data Science Trainee will be a generalist role. You will focus mainly on Data Analytics and Data Scouting.
The Ideal Candidate
Jupiter’s Investment 20/20 Programme is aimed at:
- school/college leavers; and
- recent graduates.
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you.
- Keen willingness to learn.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Logical thinking with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work discretely and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficient in use of Excel and ability to analyse data.
We are looking for the best candidate for each Investment 20/20 opportunity and have no requirements in terms of educational institute attended, subjects studied, previous experience, or grades achieved. You will, however, need to demonstrate in your application form how you have developed (either personally or academically) the required skills and attributes for the role.
The application process will consist of:
- an online application form,
- a telephone interview, and
- a face-to-face interview.
Further details about the recruitment process can be found on our careers’ website.
Please note that adjustments to the recruitment process can be made, if required for medical reasons. Please provide details, if changes are needed, on the application form when requested.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's data science team as part of the Investment 20/20 programme. Investment 20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career.
You and your fellow cohort members will join the company on 27th August 2019.
During the Investment 20/20 programme you will receive:
- A one-year contract in your desired role.
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development.
- A buddy from a previous intake.
- A two-day induction providing you with useful information to help you start your career.
- On-the-job training.
- Structured soft skills and technical training.
- Invitations to Investment 20/20 industry and social events.
- Invitations to Jupiter’s Sports, Social and Arts events.
- A salary of £21,000, plus benefits (incl. non-contributory pension, medical insurance and study leave for company approved qualifications).
You will also participate in a charitable fundraising project and have the opportunity, through our Ambassador Programme, to return to your school, college or university to raise awareness of Jupiter and the Programme.
In addition, we provide our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £42.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2018).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland and Spain.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management