Investment Risk Analyst
An opportunity exists for a driven and highly motivated individual to work in a dynamic Investment Risk Team. The role will involve coverage across asset classes and different facets of Investment Risk (Market, Liquidity, Counterparty and Event Risk) with an initial focus on Fixed income. The individual will be involved with regulatory and value-added reporting for various stakeholders on a regular and ad-hoc basis as well as having a focus on project deliverables, including a review of the team’s Target Operating Model which gives all team members a chance to shape the team’s destiny.
- Able to run the team’s daily regulatory checks and processes and approach this with a mindset to automate where possible.
- Run investment risk reporting for various stakeholders and engage to ensure outputs are meeting requirements.
- Become an expert on the risk models used by the team for production of key risk metrics and use this knowledge to be explain changes to differing audiences with differing levels of technical expertise.
- Key involvement in the Portfolio Management challenge meetings process, balancing providing insightful information to assist portfolio management with providing sufficient challenge.
- Involvement in the Investment Risk Target Operating Model process which will enable the team to ensure it is correctly positioned as a value-added investment Risk function able to protect clients and support business as Jupiter evolves.
- Supporting new business initiatives, ensuring that Investment Risk provides both challenge and value-add as part of this process.
- Have a proactive approach to risk management, conducting horizon scanning and ensuring that potential impacts of events on portfolio risk and liquidity are considered and articulated to relevant stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working with fixed income products, ideally in an asset manager.
- Highly analytical and numerate problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate complex issues accurately and succinctly to employees at all levels in the Company.
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines, managing expectations where necessary.
- IT skills – including Excel, Powerpoint, generally proficient with technology.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Focused on self-development e.g. developing new skills keeping up to date with key industry developments.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Professional qualifications desirable (e.g. CFA, FRM).
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter Asset Management