Investment Risk Analyst
An opportunity exists for a driven and highly motivated individual to work in a dynamic Investment Risk Team. The role will be predominantly focused on Equity portfolios, both Long Only and Long-Short / Absolute Return.
The role will involve different facets of Investment Risk, including Market, Liquidity, Stress Testing, ESG. The individual will be involved with regulatory and value-added reporting for various stakeholders on a regular and ad-hoc basis as well as having a focus on project deliverables, including a review of the team’s Target Operating Model which gives all team members a chance to shape the team’s destiny.
- Run investment risk reporting for various stakeholders and engage to ensure outputs are meeting requirements.
- Become an expert on the risk models used by the team for production of key risk metrics and use this knowledge to be explain changes to differing audiences with differing levels of technical expertise.
- Key involvement in the Portfolio Management challenge meetings process, balancing providing insightful information to assist portfolio management with providing sufficient challenge.
- Involvement in the Investment Risk Target Operating Model process which will enable the team to ensure it is correctly positioned as a value-added investment Risk function able to protect clients and support business as Jupiter evolves.
- Supporting new business initiatives, ensuring that Investment Risk provides both challenge and value-add as part of this process.
- Have a proactive approach to risk management, conducting horizon scanning and ensuring that potential impacts of events on portfolio risk and liquidity are considered and articulated to relevant stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working with Equity products, ideally in an Asset Manager.
- Highly analytical and numerate problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate complex issues accurately and succinctly to employees at all levels in the Company.
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines, managing expectations where necessary.
- IT skills – including Excel, Powerpoint, generally proficient with technology.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Focused on self-development e.g. developing new skills keeping up to date with key industry developments.
- Experience using Aladdin, Factset (beneficial).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional qualifications desirable (e.g. CFA, FRM or progress towards it).
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th September 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management