Investment Support Analyst
The Investment Support team provides direct day-to-day support to Jupiter’s Investment teams. The team is also responsible for a series of Investment Book of Records (IBOR) reconciliations and input activities and will contribute, alongside the other operational teams, to ensure the integrity of investment data in Aladdin, as well as playing a key role in the development of the operating platform. It is also responsible for the onboarding of new funds and institutional clients.
The team shall contribute to the end-to-end operational support for our institutional client base and shall support the onboarding of new mandates and retail funds, provide reporting and reconciliations required by the institutional clients, oversee the shadow accounting service, and shall also provide a focal point for the Institutional Client Service Group for queries pertaining to Operations.
- Front Office Relationship Management - establish and maintain strong relationships with Front Office teams.
- Use Aladdin and other available tools (EDM / Duco / vendor data etc.), to perform daily reconciliations of IBOR and ABOR cash and stock positions.
- Deliver accurately on Aladdin data input processes, improving the automation of processes as required to mitigate data anomaly risks.
- Respond quickly and accurately to queries raised to the Investment Support mailbox.
- Work directly with the Cash Management team to resolve cash / overdraft queries in a timely manner.
- Act as a key point of contact for the shadow accounting provider and third-party custodians for queries.
- Initiate and ensure completion of operational set-up for new retail and institutional fund launches and restructures working with both internal stakeholders and external counterparties.
- Become sufficiently knowledgeable on the various Aladdin applications to ensure high quality responses can be provided to the Front Office.
- Liaise with Ops & Tech counterparts on a variety of strategic initiatives to provide expertise for processes & systems, assist in testing technology rollouts, and driving enhancements to existing systems & processes
- Implementation and execution of processes within a control infrastructure that mitigates operational risk and allows the business to operate in a controlled environment
- Provide input to discussions on Aladdin issues and enhancements.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient team processes, procedures, and controls to ensure the quality, timely delivery of service is maintained
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior experience and knowledge of Aladdin would be beneficial
- Operational exposure to a wide array of fund types, asset classes (equities, fixed income) and instrument data.
- Experience of cash, asset, and market value reconciliations.
- At least 2+years of Operations/Middle Office experience within an Asset Manager/ Investment Bank
- Knowledge and understanding of account/fund onboarding.
- Track record in driving process improvement and leading efficiency initiatives, with a firm focus on establishing and documenting robust procedures
- Strong communications skills and an ability to collaborate with other groups, influence successful outcomes, and challenge views where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Ability to build the trust and confidence in capabilities, ability to work well with others internally to accomplish client objectives.
- A team player, who is also comfortable to take individual ownership and initiative
- There are no specific requirements for qualifications, although any applicable qualifications will of course be considered alongside relevant experience.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £48.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Jupiter Asset Management