Investment20/20 CIO Office Trainee
Oversight of the Fund Management department is ultimately the responsibility of the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), working in close collaboration with other Corporate Functions such as Risk & Compliance, Finance and HR. The role of the CIO, the Deputy CIO, and other members of the CIO Office is to:
- Cultivate a focus on achieving investment excellence for our clients
- Engage with Sales and Distribution teams regularly to align investment objectives with sales and market trends or opportunities
- Manage the Fund Managers - "manage but not control"
- Align Fund Management to other business areas to enable a seamless client experience
- Represent Fund Management to internal stakeholders and contribute to corporate objectives
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
The investment 20/20 trainee will rotate through a number of activities in CIO Office and assist the various Managers with designated timeframes of support or projects for each thereby gaining invaluable experience and opportunity to contribute.
The initially identified rotation will include time with Investment Business Managers, Performance Analytics Managers, CIO/Deputy CIO, COO, Dealing, Governance and Data Science teams.
The Ideal Candidate
Jupiter’s Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Communication. Written and Verbal Presentations, both preparation with MS Office tools and delivery
- Teamwork. Ability to work collaboratively in a collegiate environment
- Analytical and Problem Solving. Enthusiasm to enhance, improve, optimise, streamline
- Interpersonal. We are a diverse team of unconstrained thinkers with challenging and contrasting demands, empathy is a vital ingredient
We always look for the best candidate for each of our opportunities and have no requirements in terms of educational institute attended, subjects studied, previous experience, or grades achieved. We do, however, want people to demonstrate, in their application form, how they have excelled or expanded their knowledge in a particular area and developed the required attributes for these opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's CIO Office as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career.
During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter’s Sports, Social and Arts events
- A salary of £25,000, plus benefits (incl. non-contributory pension, medical insurance and study leave for company approved qualifications)
You will have the opportunity, through the Investment20/20 Ambassador Programme, to return to your school, college or university to raise awareness of Jupiter and the Programme. In addition, we provide our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to you. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including Ethnicity, Faith, Pride and Women in Technology), Art and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.3 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company’s more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday’s are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
Jupiter Asset Management