The Performance Reporting Team is responsible for the calculation and provision of performance information including return calculation, analysis and attribution against relevant and appropriate benchmark comparators, where applicable. This also includes the source of holdings, fund breakdown information and turnover.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of manager and fund styles.
- Ongoing professional development in relevant topics
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of applicable regulatory directives and industry best practice affecting Performance Reporting
- Assist in assuring data quality used for performance measurement/analytics for Jupiter’s products, their benchmarks and peer group performances; ensuring the accurate maintenance of internal and external databases and information sources.
- Contribute to the regular performance measurement, investigation and analysis/narrative, including both the absolute and relative (benchmark, peer), both in gross and net of fee terms
- Contribute to the accurate monitoring of the difference between net official performance and estimated gross performance explaining the difference.
- Contribute to the timely information around performance irregularities or abnormal patterns
- Contribute to the development and implementation of performance reports and analysis to support new products and new requirements
- Contribute to the production and delivery of ad-hoc performance related reports and analysis for all asset classes, financial instruments and fund types
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of appropriate processes to ensure production and delivery of performance reports using automated processes where possible
- Ensuring all appropriate procedures in respect of principle tasks and accountabilities are accurately maintained
- Participate in team projects designed to improve efficient analytical and reporting capabilities
- Assist in ensuring all GIPS composites are calculated monthly
- Establishing and maintaining constructive working relationships with all internal clients
- Ensuring all relevant changes/impacts on the fund change log are completed in a timely manner
- Creating and maintaining peer group definitions as requested and agreed
The Ideal Candidate
- Performance experience (1+ years) within asset management
- Working knowledge of the characteristics of equity, fixed income and alternative assets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PPT
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate with analytical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Team player with proven ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to prioritise work and to meet tight deadlines
- A flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Working knowledge Morningstar, Financial Express, Factset, Aladdin Performance Products and GIPS composite systems, plus Bloomberg where appropriate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
Key Behavioural Skills
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulator
- Collaborate with peers across the organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
Jupiter Group Core Objectives
- Operational Resilience - overseeing that the Team meets the overall requirements of the Operational Resilience Framework.
- Regulatory and Legal Requirements - activities within the Team being conducted in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements (including FCA and other regulators rules, Market Abuse Regulations and Anti-Money Laundering regulations), guidance and advice provided or communicated by Legal & Compliance and/or external advisers.
- Diversity and Inclusion - alignment of the Team’s diversity and inclusion approach with Jupiter Group’s values and associated policies.
- Client Outcomes - delivering good client outcomes with due consideration to the shareholder and any other relevant interests.
- Clarity of Roles and Responsibilities - maintaining clear and accurate roles and responsibilities within the Team.
- Conflicts of Interest - managing any conflicts of interest arising in the Team so that they are identified, prevented and/or adequately managed in line with the associated policy.
- Culture - contributing to and assisting in building and sustaining a strong culture at Jupiter Group and a set of values that are central to its business.
- Internal Controls - overseeing that the activities being conducted by the Team are supported by appropriate systems and controls and in line with the RCSA approach and process.
- Policies - overseeing (a) the Team is aware of all applicable Jupiter Group policies and procedures; and (b) all Jupiter Group policies and standards for which the Team is responsible are up-to-date and accurate.
- Reporting - providing accurate, transparent and timely reporting internally and externally, as required in relation to your area of responsibility.
- Risk Management and Incidents - the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of the individual risks and associated controls within the Team. This includes recording incidents in a timely manner and overseeing that preventative action and remediation are applied to relevant incidents within the Team.
- Supplier Management - supplier management for all suppliers to the Team in accordance with the key requirements of the Supplier Management Governance Framework.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £58.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2020).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company’s more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday’s are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
Jupiter Asset Management