Portfolio Reconciliations Analyst
This role is within the Investment Operations team, focusing on the cash and stock reconciliation process for the firm’s SICAVs, Dublin OEICs, Unit Trusts, Investment Trusts, Fund of Funds and Institutional business.
This is a permanent role, with the successful candidate working within a small team to ensure Jupiter’s IBOR agrees cash and stock positions against those held at our network of Custodians and Fund Administrators.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of any transactions in the Aladdin IBOR
- Check and publish cash balances to Fund Management each morning within strict deadline
- Follow documented procedures to ensure each cash and stock difference is identified and is actively being managed through to resolution
- Work with other teams within Operations to further improve the accuracy of data within the IBOR, identifying any themes and taking positive action to address and resolve
- Develop effective working relationships with Custodians and Fund Administrators to ensure they are delivering accurate, timely, best of breed information to allow full reconciliation of all positions held on our IBOR
- Own individual allocated workload and proactively look into the root cause of any problems, suggesting and implementing ideas and processes to contain future risk
- Produce and document procedures to the standard and format stipulated within Jupiter
- Work within the team, be flexible to workload adjustments and be able to provide cover for team members
The Ideal Candidate
- Good general understanding of Asset Management Operational functions and industry relevant topics
- Knowledge of different types of products/assets Including Equities, Fixed Income, derivatives and FX hedging would be an advantage
- Aladdin system experience would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to proactively solve problems and manipulate complex data
- A positive and professional approach allied with a strong work ethic
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident in dealing with internal and external counterparts and stakeholders
- Able to start the working day before 8am, and flexible to workload and working hours
- Obtained, or working towards, a suitable industry qualification Obtained, or working towards, a suitable industry qualification
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.3 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management