Product Development Manager (9 month FTC)
In this role you will be a key member of a high-functioning product development team focussed on the design, development and delivery of new products and amendments to existing products, targeting specific client needs, to support Jupiter’s business needs and strategy.
- Ensuring that comprehensive product proposals for new products and product changes are produced to a high and consistent standard with appropriate input and review form relevant stakeholders.
- Leading and briefing in relevant market, product and competitor analysis to support proposals.
- Presenting proposals for approval at the product governance committees and fund boards as required.
- Project managing the implementation of product initiatives, including maintaining detailed project plans, minutes and information flow to members of the project group. Working with the relevant investment, distribution, legal, compliance, risk and operations teams to ensure that new product and product changes are fit for purpose and delivered in a controlled, effective manner.
- Input to the preparation and presentation of relevant reports and updates on product development activity to internal stakeholders, governance committees and fund boards.
- Assisting the Head of Product Development & Management with handling and addressing ad hoc requests and issues that arise in the department.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a product role managing product development and product management initiatives eg fund launches, mergers and closures.
- Strong knowledge of the asset management industry, its commercial drivers and the clients it serves, and the distribution channels employed.
- A strong understanding of pooled product structures - in particular UCITS structures domiciled in Luxembourg, Ireland and the UK - and related product management, development and governance processes.
- A broad understanding of the key functions within an asset management business, including portfolio management, marketing and sales, operations, legal, compliance and risk.
- Experience co-ordinating and reviewing mutual fund prospectuses and scheme documentation and liaising with internal & external lawyers and oversight functions.
- Project management experience, including the execution of complex projects and the ability to run and manage working groups.
- Proven analytical skills and a focus on delivery and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. An ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as develop good working relationships with at all levels across the organisation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- IMC qualification or equivalent preferable
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £48.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Jupiter Asset Management