Product Development Manager
In this role you will support the team in developing and implementing new and existing Unit Trust, Investment Trust and SICAV products, targeting specific client needs, and supporting Jupiter’s business objectives and strategy.
You will be expected to take the lead and/or support projects that arise in the department relating to assessment and design of new product ideas whilst ensuring the client is at the heart of this work and that their needs and requirements are considered throughout the development process.
The projects you will work on may relate to fund launches, repositioning’s, maintenance and closures, and any other aspects of product design or delivery as the business requires.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and / or assist with product development proposal papers.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans.
- Prepare accurate minutes and issue on a timely basis.
- Escalate issues where appropriate to the Head of Product Development.
- Lead/brief relevant market, product and competitor analysis to support proposals.
- Manage internal communication relating to new product launches and enhancements including regular updates to internal stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have relevant experience with UK and Luxembourg (or other cross-border distributed) funds, product management and development e.g. launches, closures, and mergers.
You will need to have project management experience, including complex projects, with the ability to manage working groups and a detailed understanding of how a fund operates e.g. distributions, tax, pricing, valuations.
Experience coordinating and/or reviewing unit trust and/or SICAV legal documentation and liaison with internal and external oversight functions is also a key requirement for this position.
We will also require you have the following:
- An understanding of the asset management regulatory environment.
- An understanding of fund distribution in the UK and Internationally.
- Proven analytical skills, including attention to detail, with the ability to influence/negotiate.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and preferable that you have an IMC qualification or equivalent.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sweden, Italy and Spain. Jupiter is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunities employer.
Jupiter Asset Management