Product Manager, Data Science
The Product Manager will be responsible for furthering the team’s product development pipeline, particularly ESG Hub, and other research systems and quantitative tools developed by the Data Science Team.
They will report directly to Head of Data Science and will work closely with other areas of the business such as Technology, Operations, Infrastructure, and Investment Management.
The role will suit individuals who are flexible and creative, have a keen interest in ESG and sustainable investing, and can provide innovative and well documented solutions to increasingly complex data science tooling. The right candidate will be able to handle multiple work streams, bridge the gap between various departments, particularly Investment Management, Data Management, and Technology.
- Take ownership of the agile development of ESG Hub and supporting technologies in line with Investment Management requirements
- Help to develop, implement, and maintain product development timelines
- Support senior members of the team in defining visions for the various products
- Keep abreast of the latest technological solutions, analyse current market trends, and report on opportunities to further differentiate the product pipeline
- Document, design, and report on project effectiveness across multiple departments
- Prioritise product features and capabilities
- Translate complex technical solutions into practical product strategies ready for prototype construction or MVP solutions
- Manage backlog, coordinate scrums, create product visibility roadmaps spanning several time horizons (near term/immediate priorities to blue ocean long-term final state)
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate must have proven experience in product management and development, with experience managing pipelines of quantitative tools (doing so in an asset management setting an advantage)
- Experience in working with or developing ESG products and solutions
- Demonstrable exposure to the execution of all product lifecycle processes, from product research, planning, roadmap development, requirements documentation, to delivery and end user training
- Clear examples of internal and external client relationship management responsibilities
- Proven ability to understand and connect with various stakeholders across the Company and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- An understanding of Azure technologies a huge advantage – Azure Data Factory, Containers, Azure Functions, etc.
- Experience of working in Asset Management, as well as knowledge and/or interest in the fund management industry desirable
- Exposure and understanding of Data Management, Infrastructure, and Dev Ops
- Strong team player, whilst also able to work independently as required
- Technology enthusiast, intellectually curious and problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure, give realistic estimates, and work to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Whilst it is not necessary, exposure to Python, SQL, Django, and Flask also an advantage.
- Excellent academic record, University degree or equivalent industry experience.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.5 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2021).
Jupiter Asset Management