Senior Fund Accounting Oversight Analyst
In this role you will support the Fund Accounting Oversight Manager and wider Fund Accounting team in the oversight of all NAV administration services provided by Jupiter’s strategic partners across several fund structures, including Unit Trusts, OEICS, SICAVs and Investment Trusts. The team plays a critical role in overseeing the provision of services by its Administrators and for ensuring the associated risk and governance frameworks meet regulatory and internal standards.
- Ensure the team completes the fund accounting and NAV control activities across Jupiter’s fund ranges to a high standard, applying appropriate challenge and escalation as required and providing support to junior colleagues.
- Critical activities include the following:
- Investigating, resolving, and responding to valuation related queries in a timely manner
- Review and approval of:
- Daily valuations, analysing exceptions and escalating appropriately
- Daily fair value and swing pricing adjustments
- Fee calculations, accruals, subsidies and third-party invoices
- Ongoing charges, yields and portfolio turnover rates
- Distribution and performance fee calculations
- Monitoring cash, stock, and derivatives reconciliations
- Calculating synthetic TERs
- Reconciliation of rebates received and monitoring of associated fund accruals
- Support the team manager in ongoing critical reviews of the oversight model and associated policies against best practice and regulatory guidelines.
- Always follow approved documentation and templates in fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities, identifying and escalating any potential improvements or required updates to the team manager for discussion.
- Represent the Fund Accounting team as required, including service reviews, Committees, projects and business-wide initiatives.
- Contribute to the completion of various Board and Committee papers as required.
- Participate in the Fund Operations due diligence program on Jupiter’s strategic partners, identifying areas for in-depth review and challenge and documenting any findings, tracking any actions through to completion.
- Develop a clear understanding of the processes and responsibilities of the wider Fund Operations team, identifying and escalating opportunities for greater efficiency through closer alignment or process improvements.
- In addition, develop a good understanding of the upstream and downstream processes performed by Investment Operations and Transfer Agency, which should help to ensure that any associated risks are identified and managed appropriately.
- Foster a close relationship with internal stakeholders, particularly the Investment teams, ensuring Fund Accounting processes that impact other parts of the business are fully understood and managed appropriately.
- Provide high-quality input to change activity, working closely with internal and external stakeholders alongside the team manager to deliver change efficiently and effectively.
The Ideal Candidate
- C. 7+ years’ experience of working in Fund Administration roles with demonstrable progression.
- Experience in an equivalent senior would be advantageous.
- Detailed working knowledge of Unit Trust, Investment Trust and SICAV fund processes and UK / Luxembourg / Ireland regulations.
- Proven track record of delivering Fund Administration change.
- Ability to investigate issues and proactively problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with confidence at all levels of the business.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- A flexible and team orientated approach to work.
- Strong general IT skills, including a sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, Bloomberg, and fund accounting valuation systems.
Key Behavioural Skills
- Act with integrity, due skill, care, and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by our regulators
- Collaborate with peers across the organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £58.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st March 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company’s more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday’s are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
Jupiter Asset Management