Senior Project Manager
The Change team supports all business-driven change for Jupiter through Project Management and Business Analysis under the management of the Head of Operations. The team coordinate business requirements and delivery across impacted teams and departments for Projects, small change and issue resolution. The Project Management function will have 2 senior project managers to align to 2 business functions: Investment & Distribution and Corporate & Operations.
- Assume primary responsibility for the management of projects within the core focus area of Investment and Distribution / Corporate & Operations. Partnering with relevant business management to input into departments operating model strategy.
- Working with the Head of Operations and other stakeholders to identify, prioritise, initiate, and deliver change projects across Jupiter reporting to the Change Board and Operating Forum.
- Take line management responsibility for permanent and FTC project managers working on projects within the relevant core focus area.
- Take ownership of individual projects and manage resources and delivery across the full project lifecycle as per the internal methodology requirements, ensuring they are current and appropriately stored.
- Provide quality assurance of project deliverables for individual project and support for others.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables taking into account Jupiter risk framework and appetite.
- Create and deliver project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, managing day-to-day operational and issue management aspects of the project(s).
- Monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders and wider communication planning.
- Work with Head of Operations, Change team and PMO to develop and enhance the project delivery framework.
- Manage project financials including initial estimates, budgets and forecasts.
- Assess business impact and prepare the business for change.
- Maintain strong working relationships with department heads, managers and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of managing projects in the asset management industry.
- Proven experience of line management of permanent resources.
- Project Management skills with relevant, demonstrable experience of delivery using a variety of project management methodologies including agile and waterfall.
- Project planning skills with the ability to identify, track and manage dependencies from multiple sources.
- Strong communication skills including to audiences of varying levels of technical understanding and seniority.
- Organisational skills – capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Self-directed, adaptable, flexible and professional.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Act with integrity, due skill, care, and diligence.
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by our regulators.
- Collaborate with peers across the organization.
- Share openly and be transparent.
- Adopt a responsible approach.
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Lead by example.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.3 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management