Jupiter’s stewardship approach is characterised by our active management and investment-led philosophy. This is an opportunity to join the Stewardship team that sits within the heart of the Fund Management department and is part of the broader CIO Office. The role has been created through expansion of the team’s remit and to support the advancement Jupiter’s group-wide ESG commitments
The role offers real exposure and participation with our investment teams. Engagement is the hallmark of our stewardship approach and the candidate will play a significant role in working in partnership with our Fund Managers to engage with company boards, conduct portfolio monitoring and take ideas to investment teams. The role offers access across our asset base: sustainable investments and solutions, developed, emerging and private markets, investment trusts, fund of funds and fixed income.
The candidate is expected to contribute to client reporting and oversight duties including RFP entries, monitoring of datasets and the creation of departmental literature. There is also an increased focus on adapting to developing regulations and best practice frameworks. Experience within these areas is also viewed favourably.
We are looking for an individual with creativity and energy. Someone who can collaborate and grasp challenges. The individual will be given freedom to evolve and interact internally and with the wider industry to shape their contribution and development.
Jupiter has invested heavily within its ESG capabilities over the last 18 months and this refers to both people and data infrastructure. This is all underpinned by a strategic commitment by our Board and Executive Committee. The Stewardship Team have strengthened over the last 6 months and purposefully added ESG experience from outside the asset management industry to deliver on our commitments around climate change and stewardship across other asset classes. We seek an experienced individual who can solidify and compliment this collective and thrive within the wider organization.
The candidate will have a background in ESG preferably gained within an asset management / owner setting. However, the demands placed on investors are ever changing and we are open to accepting applications service providers who have had exposure to the asset management industry.
We are looking for an individual who has a deep interest in the interaction between financial markets, business and sustainability. The ability to engage with investee companies at board level is required.
Research and Analysis:
- Work with Stewardship team and Fund Managers to generate engagement ideas that consider ESG risks and opportunities and support our wider responsible investment commitments.
- Enter into direct and collaborative engagement with companies to represent client interests
- Conduct ESG portfolio reviews
- Work with fund managers and distribution colleagues to take part in client briefings
- Disseminate ESG data from third party providers and contextualise these findings with the team and fund managers
- Review third party proxy voting research and obtain information from companies where required
- Assist with departmental workflows and reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly committee packs
- Assist with ESG research briefings for team ahead of company engagement
- Play an active role in engaging with our external ESG partners ranging from trade bodies, NGOs, regulators and policy makers to refine processes, enhance industry understanding and contribution
- Developing and maintaining relationships with third party vendors with a view to maximising the effectiveness and efficiency from these arrangements and to understand market and product innovation
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required along with the ability to tailor one’s style and disseminate complex information in a manner which is easy to understand
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure, serve various stakeholders and build productive relationships with investment professionals and senior management is essential
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Team orientated, flexible and open minded
- Ability to manage own time to complete work accurately and to deadlines
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment
- Strong IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint and proficient with technology
- Experience in data manipulation and management of ESG data.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional qualifications preferred.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.5 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Jupiter Asset Management