Here at Jupiter we have a mix of in-house and vendor systems to support the dynamic needs of our business.
To ensure that our systems are robust, maintainable, scalable and deliver an excellent user experience, we recognise that having a clear and transparent evolutionary architecture is vital to us being able to meet the needs of the business now and in the future.
We wish to be able to leverage the latest technology trends and tooling along with the power of the cloud to create a next generation architecture.
The systems architect would be at the forefront of the effort to define this architecture and work with the development teams to make it a reality.
- Working with the Head of Technology to develop the technical strategy, roadmap and vision
- Define the standards and architecture that in house developed applications should follow
- Ensure that code security and quality are at the forefront of design and delivery
- Be aware of emerging technologies that can bring real value to the organisation and be an evangelist for those technologies
- Carry out research including Proof of Concepts to show how new technologies or practices can bring real value
- Promote and encourage a spirit of innovation and collaboration through the technology department
- Work with delivery leads to ensure that projects are well designed and follow best practice design principles
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 10 years hands on development experience
- Significant c# and SQL experience
- Experience in the design of data architectures including Data Warehouses, Data Marts and Cloud based Data Solutions such as Snowflake
- A solid understanding of architecture design patterns and integration strategies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £60.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th September 2021).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
Jupiter Asset Management